Layovers can be a pain, but they don’t have to be. With a little planning, you can turn your layover into an opportunity to explore a new city, try new foods, or simply relax and recharge.
Here are a few tips on how to make the most of your layover:
Do your research
Before you start planning your layover activities, it’s important to do some research. Find out how much time you’ll have, what the entry requirements are for the country you’re visiting, and how to get to and from the airport.
Choose your activities wisely
When choosing your layover activities, keep your time constraints in mind. If you have a short layover, you’ll want to focus on activities that are close to the airport. If you have a longer layover, you may have time to venture into the city or take a day trip.
Things don’t always go according to plan when you’re traveling, so it’s important to be flexible. If your flight is delayed or cancelled, you may need to adjust your layover plans.
Here are some specific ideas for activities you can do during your layover:
- Grab a bite to eat at one of the airport restaurants or cafes.
- Visit the airport lounge (if you have access).
- Take a walk around the airport and do some shopping.
- Read a book or magazine.
- Catch up on work or email.
- Visit a museum or art gallery.
- Take a walk or bike ride through a park.
- Visit a local market or bazaar.
- Try some local cuisine.
- Visit a historical site or landmark.
- Take a day trip to a nearby city or town.
If you’re looking for something more adventurous, you can also book a tour or excursion during your layover. For example, if you have a layover in Fethiye, Turkey, you could book a boat trip to the Blue Lagoon or a hiking tour of the Lycian Way.
Fethiye excursions are a great way to see the best of the region and make the most of your layover.
Here are a few tips for booking a tour or excursion during your layover:
- Book your tour in advance, especially if you’re traveling during peak season.
- Make sure the tour operator is reputable and has good reviews.
- Confirm the pick-up and drop-off location and time with the tour operator.
- Allow plenty of time to get back to the airport for your next flight.
No matter what you choose to do, make sure to enjoy your layover and take the opportunity to relax and explore.
- Dress comfortably. You’ll be doing a lot of walking, so it’s important to wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Bring a carry-on bag with all of your essentials. This way, you won’t have to worry about waiting for your checked luggage.
- Bring a power bank to keep your devices charged.
- Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Be aware of your time constraints. Don’t get so caught up in your activities that you miss your flight!
With a little planning, you can turn your layover into a positive experience.